Sunday, November 2, 2014



November 2, 2014
Flow: 400-300
Water Temp: 57
As you, our loyal readers know we consider this the worst day of the year. With the clocks changing and losing an hour of evening fishing I tend to get depressed. This morning I had the privilege to greet one of my favorite guests I’ve had the opportunity to guide over the years and it put me in good spirits for the day. I said hi, gave a report and headed for the river with friends. My catch today wasn’t spectacular but the week has been great. Cooling water makes for hard fighting trout. Browns are feeding in anticipation of spawning temps and our “trophy” class has grown by two inches. Barr’s patterns are producing well. Suspend your nymph rig a foot off the bottom and keep the trout out of the rocks when you hook up.
Another good note for the day is that the PayPal button and entry is up for the Fifth Annual Frostbite Fish-Off. Three teams have already nabbed their slots out of 18. We have the beautiful venue of the Elks club for February and this tourney is going to be sweet! Emceeing the event and seeing some of the countries’ best anglers compete on my home water is my best day of the year.
In less than two weeks winter water storage begins. The water will clear, fishing will get even better and our tailwater will shine once again. Book your adventure now, the list folks waiting for 100 cfs is long.
Tight lines,
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment