Saturday, October 6, 2012


October 6, 2012
Flow: 61
Water Temp: 59 at the dam 54 at Moffat
Like a bird on a wire I’ve been waiting for a cold day much like a child on Christmas Eve. The crisp breeze on my cheeks, stiff fly line and open water tell me that the river is ours exclusively once again. Look forward to a great winter ladies and gentlemen. Our fish are stouter than ever and the reduction in fishing pressure is going to make for a great season. Tiny little browns continuously took a wd40 all morning so I took it off and put on a 18 brown zebra midge below a 16 bh fb hares ear and 14b san juan. The water is so clear sight fishing to big rainbows was easy on a very cloudy day. Trout are suspended and feeding well but not moving far for food. Proper depth and presentation are paramount over fly selection. Approach riffled water low and slow and you’ll see big trout. They’re in any bit of water that conceals them from the falcons, hawks, eagles and insurance salesmen. By the end of the day I was so hungry I could even eat at subway.
Book your trip now as our winter is filling up.
Tight lines,
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment