Tuesday, December 25, 2012


December 25, 2012

Flow: 65

Water Temp: 41 up 36 down

With a czech nymphing get together coming up and no obligatory domestic obligations I made my way to the river. The river was empty and the mutt and I made fresh tracks upstream from the nature swinging the ungainly FIPS Mouche regulation czech rig. I had not practiced the international method for some time but like riding a bike it came back quick and as John Wayne said in The Sons of Katie Elder it was “Katie, bar the door”.  Takes were subtle with gentle tugs or the pigtail indicator stopping mid drift. Every spot produced multiple trout and a few miles up I ran into some good friends and fished a while together. The biting cold was still a welcome change for us all and we enjoyed a little bit of serendipity.

            I’d been fretting about a holiday post but today put it in prospective. We’re thankful for this incredible river, our friends and family and a clientele of folks that have made this an extraordinary year. And 2013 is going to be even better. Thank you so much for your love, friendship and patronage. Merry Christmas and happy New Year.

Ben and Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment