Sunday, April 28, 2013

April 27, 2013
Flow: 98
Water Temp: 52-60
It was a difficult day for Steel City Anglers today folks. Not the fishing but the morning.
We strive to give the best possible experience to our clients and  the biggest part of that is preparation. By 7:00 last night I had everything
rigged, tied, cleaned and ready for the mornings guided outing. I decided to load the truck the night before to save a few minutes in the morning.
What I found as I stepped out my front door and greeted the dawn devastated me. My truck had been broken into and my guide pack was gone. Thousands of dollars’ worth of flies, tools, leaders, jackets and all the gear neatly organized over years were swept away in an instant.
It will take a little while to replace the gear and I’m a little irascible at the moment but I’ll recover rapidly. I won’t allow a single miscreant to deter my belief that people are good. The actions of the one misguided person makes a stain on the rest. I refuse to let the few bad elements change my belief. I’m humbled by the support and outpouring from all our friend out there and I’ll be forever grateful.
Today’s fishing was slow until I started stripping an olive woolly bugger. After that it was crush, crush, and crush. A bent rod will change your prospective instantly. The spawn is over and trout are looking for protein. Rainbows are moving into fast shallow runs and sight fishing opportunities abound.
I Have a lot of new gear to buy and our bills are paid I will give the next five guests that book a trip or gift certificate paid in advance a 30% discount on their trip.
Tight lines,
Ben


No comments:

Post a Comment