Sunday, May 5, 2013


Cinco de mayo, 2013Flow: 61
Water temp: 52
Cajun; Noun: A juvenile loveable 18 month old 75 pound lab with a propensity to turn psychotic when a fish is hooked. Most dogs of this type and  age are energetic but this bitch needs tranquilizers. When I’m able to edit the videos suitable for family viewing I’ll get them on
youtube.


Today I was thankful to get out and test the new gear and spend some quality time with my pooch. The bass hole produced trout, bass and suckers but didn’t make me feel warm and fuzzy inside so I called Steve and Lou suggesting the reservoir for carp.

Lake nymphing for carp is a slow process that can be somewhat like bait fishing that
requires constant attention. A 14 rainbow bugger put three carp in the net for a total of 72 inches and Steve’s first carp ever. A grill with brats and plentiful Fat Tire kept us entertained. I love guiding but a man can’t live on bread alone. We’ve been blessed with a guides dream as far as guests go but it’s necessary to pursue your passion at the same time.

Tight lines,
Ben


No comments:

Post a Comment