Sunday, September 21, 2014



September 21, 2014
Flow: 178
Water Temp: 64-71
150 paces, that’s my new distance to the river from my front door (just up the hill from the tailwater). Drive time; 12 seconds. Such proximity keeps the gear not so far in the rear. Break a rod, split your waders after Sunday brunch at the Coyote Grille? Fuhgettaboutit! We have plan B paces away. During the coldest days a nice mud room to suit up will be a blessing.
My first few nights here have been terrific. The pooch loved her new yard, the view and sounds at night are beautiful. I appreciate all the honks and waves as I relaxed on the porch. This is going to be fun.
With moving we had limited fishing time to discover the dinks are back. Through the high murky water of the summer most our trout were in the 17”-20” class of trout maintaining their mass. The 12”-15” trout just kept getting in the way and the one 20” I brought in was flubbed at the net. Buggers, san juans, telico nymphs and rs2’s landed trout but the bigger boys are still seeking protein. Book your adventure now. This is going to be our best season ever.
Tight lines,
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment