Saturday, November 21, 2015



November 21, 2015
Flow: 118
Water Temp: 44
The day is here! This week the water turned gin clear in the river and we can enjoy our season of sight fishing and winter hatches. We will also be able to assess the entire length of the river to seek out the changes from an extraordinary runoff. Sunday’s fishing for me was one of those rare days where I struggled but folks around me caught trout, our friend Jim Browning netted a bunch. Visibility was poor to say the least but Tuesday, like a switch it cleared to the winter wonderland we love. In the last week I had the chance to receive some old friends from Texas, let’s call the Tex and CoTex. They had a couple of great days during the week with the river to themselves. Today I met some friends, customers and FFO competitors on the water. We all had a good day but Mark’s brown here takes the cake. Guiding my home water for the last six years has been an honor and a privilege and seeing the results from today give me a lot of confidence for our season to come. Brown annelids and a two bit hooker was the key.
Tight lines,
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment