Saturday, December 5, 2015



December 5, 2015
Flow: 120
Water Temp: 43-44
The more things change the more they stay the same. We saw a terrific banana belt day here in Pueblo today. And with that come the people, pressure and dichotomy of attitudes. As usual the tailwater is a good host to all with open water if you care to look for it. Fishing has been excellent with a necessity to carry two rods for nymphing and dry/streamers. Cloud cover provided for great hatches and dry action for some smaller trout. Confidence patterns worked fine. My biggest trout of the day almost swallowed my ubiquitous san juan. It’s been two weeks since I’ve seen a sucker.
Most interesting for me today was the variety of people on the water. I saw those that get frustrated if there is anyone in eyesight, the greeters and conversationalists, hole hoppers, walkers, sighters, campers, biters and fluffers (actually not sure about the last two). At my other company (Trigger ROCKS!!!) I have several young ladies that run my retail medical scrub shop and have to endure the version of todays pop music but one of those tunes today stuck in my head and made me laugh at myself.
'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off, I shake it off
Heartbreakers gonna break, break, break, break, break
And the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake, fake, fake
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off, I shake it off.
I have been known to shake it on the river.
Come on down, book your trip now. The water is fine.
Tight lines,
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment