Tuesday, July 3, 2012


July 03, 2012 6:00 PM

Flow: Moffat Street: 44 + River walk: 46= 100 cfs bolow the hatchery or 63.2 from the dam.

Water Temp: 70+

***** WATER ALERT******

A drastic drop in water flow is causing rapid increases in water temperature. We have made a frenzy of calls so if I have any of this information incorrect please forgive me. According to our calls to CPW, the Board of Water Works, Bureau of Reclamation and others there was a senior water right called that is headed this way. However no one I spoke with is sure when it will hit Pueblo and more water will be released from the dam. Estimates range from 12 to 48 hours. The unfortunate thing is that none of the entities I spoke with were aware of the drop in the flow. A third party source reported seeing dead trout but this is hearsay at best. Lou and I walked separate sections and haven’t seen anything yet. As I Speak we’re getting a little cool rain that will help. As of right now I have to urge everyone to either take extreme care releasing trout or find another place to fish. The higher the water temp the less dissolved oxygen can exist. Trout become stressed and fighting an angler can cause mortality. Lake Pueblo has great opportunities for bass, walleye, carp and other species as do the valco ponds have huge fish as well.

Praying for rain,

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment